This recipe is another great example of why roasted vegetables need to be in your cooking arsenal. They are incredibly easy to prepare, there are endless variations, and they taste incredible.
This recipe amps up the flavor of the sweet potatoes with pecans, red onions and a simple maple glaze. The second recipe in the video below is a variation using apples in place of onions.
- 1 Large or 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Red onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 Cup pecan pieces (walnuts would also work)
- 1/4 Cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 Cup real maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt or seal salt
- Pre-heat oven to 415° F
- Place the pieces of sweet potato, onions and pecans in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, maple syrup and salt. Stir well to coat all of the vegetables
- Spread the vegetables out evenly on a large baking sheet or shallow baking pan
- Roast in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft and develop a deep brown color on the edges.
- Place in a serving bowl and garnish with the feta cheese.
There are many variations you can try with this recipe. Add some baby carrots or replace the onions with chopped apples. Try adding some butternut squash. The sky is the limit.
If you found this recipe helpful or have any questions or comments please feel free to use the comments section below. If you want to see more good stuff from the Old Guy In The Kitchen click the “follow” here on the blog or visit my other sites:
2 thoughts on “Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Pecans and Feta”
I think I will try it with half onion and apples
Awesome. Let me know how it turns out.