Grandma’s Recipe Box Series. For more about grandma’s recipes read my post here.
Outside of one well known restaurant in Sidney, Ohio, I have never seen this pie anywhere. I have searched for years to find a way to make this pie. We recently discovered this recipe in my grandmother’s recipe box and it is a dead ringer for the pie at that certain restaurant. It is actually very easy, and you will not be disappointed.
- 1 un-baked pie shell in a 9 inch pie pan (I like the old standby Crisco recipe)
- 1 Cup sugar
- 4 heaping Tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Cup whole milk
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees (yes, you read that right)
- In a small bowl whisk together sugar and flour
- pour the sugar/flour mixture into the un-baked pie shell and spread it evenly across the bottom of the pie shell.
- Slowly pour cream and then milk over the dry mix. DO NOT stir.
- Put the pie pan on a baking sheet, and place in the 300 degree oven for 2 hours.
- Cool to room temperature on a wire rack and then refrigerate.
It’s really that easy, and soooooooo good.
If you found this recipe helpful or have any questions or comments please feel free to use the comments section below. If you want to see more good stuff from the Old Guy In The Kitchen click the “follow” button here on the blog or visit my other sites: