You can view my Face book live video for this recipe here.
Trying to find a use for some very ripe bananas, but looking for something more interesting than plain old banana bread? Try these moist, delicious banana chocolate chip muffins!
Don’t be turned off when you see mayonnaise as an ingredient. I promise, no one will know it is in there, and it keeps these muffins soft and moist. These are a big hit at our house.
- 3 ripe (or very ripe) bananas
- 1 Cup mayonnaise (use real mayo, not the fake stuff)
- 1 Cup suar
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mash bananas with a fork in large mixing bowl
- Stir in mayonnaise and sugar
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder
- Stir the sifted flour mixture into the wet banana mixture, adding small amounts at a time until all of the flour is incorporated into the wet mixture.
- Add Chocolate chips and stir into the batter.
- Place liners in cupcake pan and spoon mixture into the liners, filling about 3/4 full
- Place into preheated oven and bake 17-20 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
If you found this recipe helpful or have any questions or comments please feel free to use the comments section below. If you want to see more good stuff from the Old Guy In The Kitchen click the “follow” button here on the blog or visit my other sites: