This is a modified version of my 2017 recipe for banana chocolate chip muffins. I have tested as vegan only and as vegan/gluten free and both options performed really well and tasted great. These make a great snack, breakfast or dessert and prove you don’t have to sacrifice taste to accomodate dietary needs. For printable recipe scroll down.
Start by pre-heating the oven to 375° F, then mashing the bananas with a large fork or potato masher. Add sugar and Veganaise (if you only need gluten free you can use real mayonaise). Stir well to combine.
Combine gluten free flour (you can use all purpose flour if you only want them to be vegan), baking powder and baking soda. Add flour slowly to the banana mixture while stirring ro combine. Last add the chocolate chips and stir until well mixed.
Scoop the mixture into lined cupcake/muffin tin. I like to use a serving scoop to keep them consistent. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 17-19 minutes then cool on a wire rack. Makes 12-16 muffins.
Awesome Gluten Free Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
A delicious treat for breakfast, snack or dessert. Wonderfully moist with just a touch of chocolate.
- 3 bananas – very ripe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Veganaise
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, vegan
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F
- In a large bowl mash bananas with a large fork or potato masher
- Add sugar and Veganaise and stir to combine
- In a medium bowl mix gluten free flour, baking powder and baking soda. Slowly add to banana mixture while stirring to combine.
- Add Vegan chocolate chips and stir
- Place paper liners in a muffin/cupcake pan. Fill liners about 3/4 full (I use a serving scoop to help fill them consistently).
- Bake for 17-19 minutes in pre-heated oven until golden brown. To test insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin. It should come out clean (no batter sticking to it). If the toothpick has batter on it bake for another 1-2 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy. Store in a covered container on the counter for up to 7 days.
I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour or Pillsbury Gluten free flour (pre-mixed blends). For only vegan muffins you can replace the gluten free flour with all purpose flour. Veganaise is a vegan mayonaise substitute sold in many grocery stores. If you only need gluten free you can use real mayonaise. I used Enjoy Life brand gluten/dairy free choclate chips.
One thought on “Awesome Gluten Free Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins”